Get Signed up for our special TRAIL RUNNING class! Scott Takenaga and Jess Mullen will be teaching a 6 class series on trail running. This is for CrossFit Seattle members. The class starts on September 18th.
The cost is $50.00 plus 6 classes. We only have 20 slots available for this class.
Prerequisite: You must have a 5 mile road running base
To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is going to be good! Here are the details:
Wednesday Night Intro
- Goal of program (better at trail running, learn some places to run) - Clothing, shoes - Weather, conditions of trails
Week One – 3 mile loop at Discovery Park
- General trail running technique info/drills - Footwork - Trail vision
Week Two – 4 mile loop at Cougar Mountain
- Etiquette on single track trails (passing, distance between runners, etc) - Intro to uphill running - Intro to downhill running
Week Three – 3.8 miles (2 loops) at Carkeek Park
- Go over uphill and downhill again - Tie everything together and just run
Week Four – 3.5 miles at Tiger Mountain (Chirico Trail)
- Discuss big long ascent and descent - Implement what you’ve learned on a more challenging trail
Week Five – retest 3 mile loop at Discovery Park
- Time the loop - Brunch after?
Wed - 9/18 @7p - CrossFit Seattle Sun - 9/22 @ 8a - Discovery Park Sun - 9/29 @ 8a - Cougar Mountain Sun - 10/6 @ 8a - Carkeek Park Sun - 10/13 @ 8a - Tiger Mountain Sun - 10/20 @ 8a - Discovery Park