Come improve your Olympic Weightlifting with Mike Ng!
There is room for 25 people in this clinic. Attendees must register in advance for this clinic.
The focus of this Snatch Clinic will be on properly locking the weight out overhead, proper overhead squat, and pulling under the bar aggressively.
Some of the things that will be covered in this clinic are:
- Proper overhead position/"fixing" the bar overhead, combined with shoulder opening drills (passive hanging, stall bar drills, handstand)
- Taking the overhead position down into an overhead squat
- Learning to explosively drop down into the overhead squat position (drop snatches)
- Proper turnover/pull under (muscle snatch and variations)
- Using the hips properly/maintaining a proper bar path (high pulls and variations)
During the last 15 minutes of the clinic, trainees will add weight and work on Snatches from the hang position.